CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Weekend

I had a busy weekend. Friday started off with me having to work most the day:( :) Brooks has fridays off now for awhile so it sort of stinks that I have to work when he is home, but it is good because then I don't have to find a babysitter for Grace. My dad usually watches Miss Grace for me, which is awesome! Grace loves her Papa Jack, but at the same time they pick on each other so much that at the end of the day they are both glad she is going home!!! They are dangerous together. My dad spent lots of time with me when I was little so I know that she is having loads of fun.


Saturday was busy busy busy. Grace and I started the day with going to the Ham and Bean Feed at out church. Grace got to run around church and have fun with all the grown-ups that paid her tons of attention...I am sure she loved it! She even got Fred to play tag with her, much to his new wife's and my humor. He told Grace he hadn't ran in 15 years. Fred is not old but he is older. I think he liked it. After the game of chase Fred and Grace got to share a piece of pie, with Grace eating most of the whipped cream for him:)


After the church we headed home for a nap. I then went up to the Legion to help with our Spaghetti dinner fundraiser. This was a lot of fun. We made two huge roasters full of spaghetti. It turned out to be a nice fundraiser. All the money for it went to our Merit Award fund, which is a type of award similar to a scholarship that we give to graduates in town every year.
After the Legion I went back to church for youth group. We ended up with 26 or 27 kids! This is double what we normally have on a Saturday night, so we were very happy.

Sunday was filled with Grace and I heading to church. Then I had my monthly meeting with the Auxiliary. I was worn out from the weekend and went back to bed after getting Grace ready for school on Monday! Brooks is such a great guy for putting up with me :)
(I didn't take my camera to anything so these are pictures from the internet.)

2 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

So tell me about this job? I thought you stayed home.

missy said...

wish we could have made it to the dinner!!! we got home late from wrestling!!!! glad to hear you had a good turn out!!!!