CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Homecoming Week


It is Homecoming Week. That means that the kids at school get to have "dress up" days, paint the town business's windows with "Go Saints" and what not, they will crown a Queen and King, and then of course have the good 'ol football game on Friday Night.

On Monday, we got to school and found out it was Inside-Out Day, so I quickly ushered Grace to the bathroom to turn her clothes around, much to her confusion!

Monday and Tuesday night the parents and some kids worked on the Preschool Homecoming Float. I didn't take Grace the first night thinking that no other kids would be there but they were and it was no big deal. So on Tuesday night I took her with me and the camera. Every year the High School Students pick a theme for homecoming, this year is "Agriculture". So the Preschool floats are "The Farmer in the Dell" and "Old Mac Donald Had a Farm" with the saying "M-D IS GOING TO PLOW OVER TRI-COUNTY" It is rather cute. The kids are all dressing in farmer clothes, Grace is wearing bibs, a Pioneer Seed Corn hat, boots, and probably a handkerchief. We all had a lot of fun working on the float and getting to know new parents and what not.

I also learned that the High School kids come over each day to judge the little kids' costumes and Grace won on inside out day! Wednesday, is Pajama Day. She is going to wear her Disney Princess pj's and I am going to put curlers in her hair and maybe ratt her hair up a little to make it look like bed head. I will take pictures and put more up later this week.



This is a picture of Owen, he is Grace's 3rd or 4th cousin(not for sure) but wanted to add his pic because it is sooo weird how much they look alike...at least that is what his mom and I think.

1 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Only in a small town..... :) hahah. No, I think that all sounds really cool. I have not heard of anything like that before! Can't wait to see more pics; I know you'll be super creative!

BTW, your sister is coming to town this weekend. Still waiting for you :)